14 Questions You Should Ask Before Considering Plastic Surgery
You’ll achieve the best result from cosmetic surgery if you and your specialist communicate openly and work together to attain realistic objectives.
An understanding of your objectives, expectations and motivation is vital to a successful collaboration between you and your surgeon, helping both of you to figure out whether cosmetic surgery is the right option for you.
Here are 14 Questions You Should Ask any Plastic Surgeon Prior to Surgery:
- Are you certified by the American Board of Cosmetic surgery?
- Are you a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons?
- Were you trained in the field of plastic surgery?
- How many years of plastic surgery training have you had?
- Do you have healthcare facility privileges to perform this treatment? If so, at which healthcare facilities?
- Is the office-based surgical center accredited by a nationally- or state-recognized recognizing company?
- What number of treatments of this type have you carried out?
- Am I a great prospect for this procedure?
- Where and how will you perform my treatment?
- How long of a recovery duration can I expect, and what type of aid will I require during my healing?
- Exactly what are the risks and issues related to my procedure?
- How are issues managed?
- What are my alternatives if I am dissatisfied with the outcome of my surgery?
- Do you have before-and-after photos I can take a look at for each treatment and exactly what results are reasonable for me?
If you’d like to receive a consultation please contact our office to arrange a time to speak with Dr. Niki Christopoulos. During your consultation, you’ll have the chance to ask all of your questions and receive treatment from a double board certified plastic surgeon.