If you’re considering a breast augmentation in Chicago, you’re probably looking for the right surgeon to do the job. It’s smart to shop around when considering such a procedure. You want to make sure that you have a surgeon who is willing to take the time to get to know your wants and needs and also has the necessary experience to do the procedure well. Chances are, you’ve been thinking about this change for quite some time, so make sure that your procedure is everything you hope it will be by getting all of your questions answered in advance of your breast surgery.
Many women go in for a breast augmentation consultation with a lot of questions in their head, but when the time comes to voice their questions, they draw a blank. This is very common during a consultation when you are likely to be nervous, excited, and a bit out of your element. One simple way to help ensure that you get all of your questions answered is by writing them down and bring them with you to your consultation.
Be sure to ask questions about your plastic surgeon. Be friendly, of course, but don’t worry about hurting their feelings. You need to get your serious questions about their experience answered, so don’t be scared to ask. It’s also important to ask questions about the surgery itself and make sure that you understand how it will work.
Take some time to make your own list of questions before your consultation. Here’s a list of questions that we recommend going over with your plastic surgeon. Use this list as a starting point, and tailor it to your own needs.
- Are you board certified in plastic surgery?
- How many years of experience do you have as a plastic surgeon?
- Will my breast augmentation be performed in your office or at a hospital? If it will be performed in the office, is your facility accredited by a recognized agency? If it will be performed in a hospital, which hospital?
- Am I good candidate for breast augmentation? What factors in my life might make me a better or worse candidate than other women?
- How will you place the breast implants?
- Have you performed breast augmentations on women with my body type? May I see before and after photos?
- What are the possible complications during and after the procedure? How will you deal with complications?
- What will my recovery be like? Will I need help during the recovery period? How long will it take for my breasts to fully heal and settle into place?
- What type of implants do you recommend? Why?
- Will I be able to breastfeed after my procedure? How will my implants be affected if I become pregnant?
- How long will my results last? How often will I need to get the implants replaced or revised?
If you’d like to receive a consultation for your Chicago breast surgery, contact our office to arrange a time to speak with Dr. Niki Christopoulos. During your consultation, you’ll have the chance to ask all of your questions and receive treatment from a double board certified plastic surgeon.